Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tuesday Sept 5, 2006

OK, so this was the first day I went out with my co-worker/running-buddy Steve T. He took GPS data of the run, but I don't feel like uploading that, so I made this quick map from gmap-pedometer.com. Pretty cool site. Using that, mapmyrun.com, motionbased.com and any other site I can figure to use/make work the best.

See the previous post for my previous running history...it's been pretty empty since my last successful run/10k race.

Anyway, about this first day out...ouch!

So, about today. If I remember correctly it was in the 60s, a little breezy and we went out at a decent pace, for me, to last 3 miles...but we were going 6+. So, Around 4, I really started to feel it. I'm used to starting getting into shape by running 5k...oh well. Jump right in, right?!

Anyway, left from work and went into Cherry Creek Reserve. Here's the map:

First Run in Ages
OK, so I looked around and found this link, embedded in my google earth program:
10k Run. This is the run from my co-worker's GPS enabled watch 55:17 for 6.30 miles...and here is the google earth image of the run.
GPS Route
That extra distance was gained by some lack of detail on my gmap and since he started/stopped the GPS closer to the office, not right at the beginning of the run. But, now I can use this to modify my trail through the 'swamp' behind the office.

No comments: