Wednesday, March 21, 2007

March 21, 2007

OK, so, after running these last 5 times, I figured I'd try running with a little pace control...and a little fast. Well, that didn't work out TOO WELL...but, here's what we did. First three links are from Steve's GPS watch.

Cruising out to set the 1/4 mile markers - map/data. Obviously no problem jogging out to the gate.

1st mile at pace - map/data. This started WAY too fast...then slowed a bit, but, sheesh, did a 6:30 pace average, when we were shooting for 7:30. Oops.

2nd mile run - map/data. This was harder. Note the extreme slow down. Back up hill for one, and just plain tiring. Quarters, per my watch, were basically 6:30, 7:20, 7:40, 8:20....so a total of 7:30...so hit final pace, but lacked consistency.

Finished up with a little walk/jog of about 1.88 mi back to office.

So, we did about 5 miles total overall.

Today, after the run, what hurt were y hamstrings. OUCH!! Man, I have't felt my hamstrings like this in a LONG time! So, I guess that's good.

We'll definitely be doing this again, but trying to use his watch to warn us of faster or slower pace... Hard, but fun, and definitely worth it!

No comments: