Thursday, July 23, 2009

Wow - Behind on Updates


J
u
l
y

23







J
u
l
y

21







J
u
l
y

16





J
u
l
y

14




We'll see how I can do getting in the data this weekend.  I've lost the feeling for the runs for sure.  Except the last two.

Tues 7/21 - 5k, tried to make it a good pace.  Felt nice.  Up/down hills out around Polliwog park.  Finished with a 7:14 pace.  Have to like that.  Kind of warm, but not bad.  Negative split, pace within 1 min/mi for each lap.  Right hamstring a little slow before the run.  That darn thing keeps coming back.  Argh.  Felt better after.

Today 7/23 - 2 miler.  Kept hemming and hawing over what I wanted to do.  Finally decided on a FAST 2 miler.  My legs were tired.  Right ham, and left quad were feeling it.  My idea was to not have to cross the street near the end so I could keep up a pace.  I went out, and I had to cross Aviation, but I kept a good pace.  I slowed a bit going up/down/up the hill.    Right at 1 mile I turned into a big climb for .07 miles, and I tried pushing myself.  Did a 7:04 pace.  Flattening out and turning right and heading back down hill I sped right back up, and kept speeding up for half a mile.  I then "relaxed" at 6:30 pace for the 1.75 quarter and kicked it in a touch that last quarter at 6:15.  So, pace delta was a bit larger, since I chilled after that first quarter, but picked it right back up and had a good run.  Weather was great.  Again, sunny and a bit warm, but nothing too crazy.  After, I walked a bit, then jogged back to the office 0.39 miles.  When back I stretched, did sit-ups and push-ups. 

The 14th and 16th. I don't honestly remember a heck of a lot about it, but I do remember some quick runs. Garmin doesn't have much more written there. Just good to know I ran and I ran pretty well!

I HAVE to get back into the pilates and more sit/push-ups.  It feels good when I do all of this, but it's tough to really get started.  I'm going to try and do the One Hundred Push-upsand the Two Hundred Sit-ups and lastly, MAYBE, the Two Hundred SquatsSomething to strengthen and tone and get in shape! Oh, and I need to cut out this junk food and ice-cream…but it TASTES SO GOOD!!!!!  ;-)

OK, I'll try to at least post the maps and links for these two and also the 14th and 16th.

Later, gator

No comments: