Friday, July 31, 2009

End of July 10k

OK, did a long run today.  Not as many hours needed for work.  Ran out and onto the Redondo Beach pier.  Yep, I ran OVER the ocean.  In CO, I would run "close" to the reservoir, and kind of could see it, if I looked hard.  Some reason today it really hit me when I turned around the "pavillion" and looked back towards shore, seeing all of the surfers and such.

Anyway, the run.  Warm, but not overly so.  Decent pace, 6.24 miles at 7:48.9min/mi.  Nice negative split.  Meaning I was smart and kept a pretty even pace overall.  Big slowdown for a bit coming from the pier and up those first hills inland.  Besides the very first quarter, shaking things out and getting into/across Aviation Blvd, the big hill, and the last 0.15 (faster) all laps were between 7:22 and 8:10.  Not bad keeping them within a min/mi of each other.

Pain, none to speak of.  Hamstring was fine.  A little sore sitting down right now, but hardly anything.   Heart rate was about 170 immediately following the run, but dropped to 120 pretty fast.  Did 45 pushups (25 and 20) and about 60 sit-ups.  Gotta keep pushing it!  Go go go!!!!!!

No comments: