Sunday, September 13, 2009

Kickin Cancer 5k

Gosh, what to say?

First, can just check it out here. And here's a pic of the pace, in general.


The last two weeks, I wanted to taper. A short sprint workout day. A longer run nice and slow, a few medium paced runs at race distance, etc...well. I had done too many 4 milers just before then and got bored. Also, busy at work is always a good excuse. But, anyway. I did all right. If I had kept running and tapered well, I likely could have done better.

But going into it, even a week or so ago, I was thinking of just being below 7 min/mi. Well, I did the pace I wanted to start, started slowing as expected, then, I just felt OK, so I kept it below 7 min/mi pretty much the whole time. I went up/down just like the hills, and I didn't push it the last mile. I kind of saved it. I was really feeling it in my legs, so I figured just to push that last bit. I saw the clock ticking up, and realized I was doing great for getting in under 21 minutes, which I wasn't sure about...so I just kept my feet moving and kicked it in for a nice 20:55. Felt great!

Especially after...Friday's run. It felt awesome. After sitting at my desk for 45 minutes it felt like my lower back broke out of NOWHERE. Well, luckily I had already made an appt for my chiro. HE IS A MIRACLE worker. He cracked everything every which way, and lo' and behold...as you read above...it worked. Now, I need to keep stretching and get well again. I have two more appts already scheduled. Tomorrow and Thursday.

OK, that's it. I'm pretty proud of the run, I didn't go out way too fast and crazy, so...yippee!

Go go go!

No comments: