Friday, May 11, 2007

May 11 - Qualifying Day


OK, took the 10th off, legs hurting too much. I bought shoes on Wednesday after that shear agony on the treadmill. Which is all good, since I decided to go to Boulder around lunch time to qualify for a wave in the Bolder Boulder. Well I did that. Warmed up .3 miles in 3 minutes, or something like that. Then kicked the treadmill up to 9mph, at first, and in the last quarter mile or so I started increasing the pace until I finished the last little bit at 11mph. Finished at 13:14, which the guy helping me let me jump into the 13:01 grouping (Wave AB), since the treadmill takes a bit to spool up to speed.

At night, after eating and having two beers with Jess, and getting the kids to sleep I went downstairs and ran another 1.25 miles in about 8 minutes. Did .25 warm-up and then busted out another mile at 9mph (6:36 pace).

New shoes made this all possible. Legs still hurt, but much better than the old shoes. I just now need to get my left leg/hip to recover.

No comments: