Thursday, May 31, 2007

May 31, 2007 - Still Recovering


OK, so still haven't run. Figured I'd now just wait until next Monday, June 4th. Then take the week easy. Three runs, all at 8:30-ish pace. Will keep trying to ice (haven't done in a while) and just taking it easy. My leg has stopped hurting just walking, but can still hurt when carrying the kids up/down the stairs and definitely when squatting, like when cleaning the cat litter box...

In 4 more days I'm hoping I can run a bit and start getting in better shape to run a 42 min 10k...forget the 43-44 time, now. I need to really prove to myself that I can still run...I'd like to hit 40:49, like back in 2002, or even better yet, sub 40...not sure if that is possible this Summer, but if I keep running through this season and keep in relatively good shape over the winter, that should definitely be possible. In a few years, maybe I'll run my age.....run a 38 at age 38?? Hmmmm. ;-) Always positive and hopeful.

No comments: