Friday, February 29, 2008

Feb 26, 2008 - Havana 10k


Motionbased Data

What a run. Knee and back killing when started. Broke free, so to speak at a quarter mile and tried going fast anyway. Going downhill(after getting to Orchard) and downwind I put in some real quick quarters. The slowed up the back until getting to Havana, where I tried to "turn it on" and have a good pace up the hill. Well, I did, so I decided to stop a little.

After a short rest, 40 seconds, maybe, I walk/jogged about 20 seconds and took off down the street at a pretty good pace again. Had 1/2 mile at 7:16 pace...and last full quarter was sub-7.

Weather was slightly breezy and 41°F. Pretty nice, since it was Sunny out. Overall pace of 7:44 is slower than the race, but not by much...and that includes the stop time and that horrible 8:24 pace on the first quarter. So, real/moving pace is faster than the race...but I can't stop in a race, so have to use the true pace of 7:44. Which is still pretty darn good a couple days after a race.

I really want to get faster, so I have to go faster and run londer at faster paces, in addition to adding some real intervals to my workout.

No comments: