Friday, February 29, 2008

Feb 29, 2008 - 8 Miler at Decent Clip


Motionbased Data

Another amazingly gorgeous day. An average of 55°F and barely any wind. Had to get that monthly goal of 60 miles. I didn't know exactly which way I was going to go to get 8 miles in, so I took a few alternate paths to mix things up and hopefully bump the distance, which I did pretty well. Missed this month's stretch goal entirely since I didn't get to my first run until the 9th or something like that. So, now my goal for next month will be 70, stretch 80!

So, my goal for today's run was to have a negative split. Which would be tricky seeing as how I was going to start downhill and come back uphill! Well, I tried sticking to 7:50 out (bounced around faster/slower) and ended up at 7:48 at four miles. The next two miles I did in about 7:38 pace and the last two at about 7:15 pace (7:17 and 7:12). The last 0.12 was at a 5:50 pace! Yowsers, nice kick in!

So, it's nice to see that after 7 miles, even though they were "easy" I kept speeding up and I was able to do a 7:12 mile. I'll have to try to go the last mile of a 10k under 7 sometime next week. Probably Wedesday, as I plan on doing FAST 5k on Monday adn going out to lunch on Tuesday. Thursday off and long distance on Friday, like today, maybe.

No comments: