Wednesday, June 10, 2009

June 9, Treadmill

Well, I had to run on the treadmill yesterday.  Just did 2.25 miles.  Sped up from about 8 or so min/mi for the 1st mile then picked it up.  6:53, 7:09, 7:34, 7:20, 6:31.  I think the 7:09 and 7:34, were more consistent.  I just wasn't so great hitting the lap button on the watch.  That last one is accurate at 6:31 pace, though.  I just kept hitting the speed up button.  I finished that last 10th at 9.6mph (6:15 pace).

Shin was so-so.  When I started feeling it tweaking I just lengthened my stride and tried to do more heal/toe rollin' of the foot.  My ankle tendonitis was flaring up a bit, though, too.  I'm such a wreck.  I'm going to make sure my kids have better shoes when they start running.  Summer already definitely over-pronates quite a bit.  Jack some, but not too horribly.

Before that I did some pilates, stlil just the 20 minute workout.  I think a few more times of that before I attempt the long one.  I want to get a bit more stable on the moves for the short one.

Pretty decent overall.  This morning (the 10th) I did some sit-ups/roll-overs and push-ups.  It's funny, when I had the hurting shin I stopped everything, and even started eating more and bad.  I have to stay focused.  Hopefully today will be better. 

Jess is telling me to get my shoes so I can do another run on Thursday.  She is being very supportive.  I'm also helping her with her workouts.  She ran and worked out yesterday, too.  Since she had to be home during the day and all.

That's it.  Caught back up.  Hopefully can get those shoes and get some more running in next week!  Golf tourney (scramble) on Friday!

No comments: