Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday June 15

OK, so I ran with the new shoes once, back on the 11th.  I hadn't said anything about that, since I hadn't downloaded the data, yet.  But, it was rough.  The new shoes I bought just didn't fit.  So, what about today?  I wore my old ones and decided to just run on the track.  Jogged over, then picked up the pace until I felt I had 13 (0.25k or 0.155mi) laps, which is 2.019 miles…  :-D        Will upload later, I'm sure!

Anyway, I needed to kick it in just a bit more.  I kept wanting to speed up a bit, but not push it, just to see.  Well, next time I wanna go a little faster I will reset the watch to go off at .25 mile laps, so I can watch it better and set it to the track.  I started out at about 7:30-ish pace, then picked it up and hung around 7-ish, then after a mile I got into the sub 7's the rest of the way.  Last mile was about 6:54, if I use some averaging/estimating of the times, since they aren't set to fit on the miles exactly.

That's pretty good. 

Taking the 2.019 mile totals (13 laps) and dividing them and getting a per mile average, I did 6:57.4 per mile for those two miles…and that is with starting with the first 0.155 miles at 7:28 pace.  I think I'll go out with the goal of doing 2 miles with every lap at sub-7.  I'd like to do a sub-6 again someday. 

Anyway, power of positive thinking…or just running on the track…..my shins didn't hurt today!  Yippee!!!!!  Keep that up!  Still need the new shoes, it's definitely time. 

Weather is nice and sunny and high 60's.  Good day for a run.

People on the track quickly figured out to not be in lane 1, since someone was actually RUNNING on the track…except for one lady…sheesh, get a clue.  I wish they'd write ON THE TRACK, "Slower traffic keep right."  Oh well.

Fun fun!!!!!!

No comments: