Sunday, October 22, 2006

Friday October, 20th, 2006

OK, so, Friday went out with the idea of running for an entire hour...We decided to go east, towards the neighborhoods. Temp was mid-high 50's with little wind (5-10, maybe) and sunny, so it felt very warm and comfy. We started out at about 8:30 pace. We felt, after that last run at 8 min/mi pace, which felt so fast, that we should shoot for 8:15-8:45, or something..so, our first mile at 8:30, was pretty good. We then picked up to 8 min/mi for a mile or so, then started slowing down a bit. We went past the water fountain from a previous run and went all the way to a local rec center. (Which doesn't show on the map...Google needs some more updated images!) Stopped for 30 seconds to get a quick drink of water and then headed back.

Steve wasn't feeling so well, as he's been eating Halloween junk food all morning lately...so, I actually was the one trying to keep up the pace. Overall, we had to run around work's parking lot to get in the full hour:

Around the Office
And that got us up to 7.16 miles. So, that's the longest run I've done in years! Felt nice, though. I'm proud to have gotten the full hour out of it! Our pace ended up average right around 8:45, which is pretty good for 7 miles, for me being new backto running!

The full run map says a bit less, but I trust Steve's GPS watch, which he was wearing that day. One thing I just noticed, though, was that gmap also has an elevation feature, so I put that on the map, too.

Full Run
So, that run felt good, and we stretched fairly well after, and I did some bench presses and also iced my heel.

Today is Sunday, and I would like to go for my little 5k around home when Summer takes her nap, we'll see.

Oh, and lastly, that was my 10th run, since I've gotten back into it! Yay, I'm into double digits. Additionally, here is the GPS data from Steve!

No comments: