Thursday, October 26, 2006

Tuesday Oct 24, 2006

So, this was the same ol' Cherry Creek 10k. Great weather, a bit chilly/mid-fifties, and not too breezy. Warmed up FAST as I wanted to go out for about a 8:20-8:40 pace, and hopefully keep it kinda consistent...

So much for that. We took off fast (7:20 or so pace), and even talked about it, and figured we'd get to the gate (1.1 miles, about) and then slow. We did slow a little, but not enough. I only have myself to blame, because at that point I was leading. When we got into the woods though, I started hurting and Steve pulled away a little, pulling me along.

When he got back to the road/gate, he was 100 yards ahead and waited for me. He said something like, "You know, right now we're at 8:01 pace, if we kick it in, we can get under 8:00....so, I said, I'll see what I can do and TOOK OFF! That lasted 1/2 a mile, and then Steve teased that I was holding back, and I just died...so, he ran off again and finished about 100 yards ahead of me.

But, overall, I showed 49:33 for the 6.24 miles, which is an average of about 7:55 pace, which means that last 1.1 miles was about 7:30 pace, which matched the going out pace, almost...yowsers! I definitely felt it later that day and Wednesday.

We were supposed to run today, but, ah, we had a blizzard and the roads were closed so I didn't go into work, and my exercise was nearly 2 hours of shoveling snow drifts up to 2+ feet deep! So, if I make it into work, we should be able to run tomorrow.

No comments: