Thursday, April 12, 2007

Apr 12, 2007 (Super Cold and Snowy)



Holy Crap! It snowed for about an hour or so today...and guess what, that's about when we ran!

Yeah, we checked the weather, about low/mid 30's, 18-20+ mph winds...but it just looked overcast and no big deal. So we went out for out 10k.



It started out OK...

Looking GoodEven after the first mile, when approaching the gate on Jordan, we were doing good. (That's Steve in the image.)

Gate was Broken Sometime this WinterSoon after crossing Jordan (haha, get it?) and going left, the snow started falling. And when we turned West we got a good belting of a side wind and it really started snowing. Here's a pic of some shivering deer we saw...notice all the snow.

Are these Deer as Cold as US?That wasn't the worst of it...right about the 3 mile point we turned south and were running dead straight into the wind, straight up hill!!! OUCH!!!

Well, we made it, and when we finally turned left on Orchard the wind was a bit more sideways, and we were done climbing the hill...so I took the opportunity to snap a pic of myself while running.

This Guy is Stupid!Remember that first pic up there...that was right near work, all clear and decent...well this is what we saw when we returned to that same area.

SEAKR's Building and LOTSA SNOWAs I said, we made it...in one piece even...and covered with snow...check it out.

I'm a SnowmanAlso check out the ground, it got some coverage. Well, after we got in, cleaned up and got back up to our desks, it was nearly done snowing and the sun came back out...what bad timing. We really should have run yesterday! Messed up my training days a little, and sure put us out there on the worse day.

But, anyway, about the run, and me...I felt OK, pretty slow, but that's OK with the weather the way it was. My tendonitis is flaring up and my shins are hurting. I'm trying to stretch and ice...just gotta keep working it. Nothing TOO bad, yet.

No comments: