Friday, April 27, 2007

Apr 27, 2007 - Beautiful and WET!


OK, so here's the same old course...

Sanoodi Data

But, the key today was water. Big storm on Tuesday/Wednesday with lots of snow/rain. Well, it's still on the ground and I had to shoo away some ducks (well, they heard me coming and flew away on their own) off of my trail.

How'd I feel? Well, pretty good actually. Went out fast, caught up to Jesse H and took it easy with him for a 1/4 mile after trudging through the first mini-lake. He turned back to work and went left into the trails. Where I encountered much more mud and water. The last two miles I felt pretty bad in my stomach. Not sure the cause of that, but whatever, had to keep going. A positive takeaway is that I had to lift my knees a bit more to prevent additional splashing, so that's added work, almost like running up a hill. ;-)

No comments: