Tuesday, August 11, 2009

5k at Some Pace



Sheesh, I warmed up running to the track, and then picked up the pace.  As you can see in the graph, I was able to speed up continually for the first 1.25 miles.  Then I throttled back a bit.  Not bad though.  Overall I did end up with a negative split.   :-) Gotta love that!

Ran on track due to running too much on the streets lately.  I was a little faster when I ran 1 mile back on 6/25.  But when I ran ONLY 2 miles on 6/15, I was able to do that in 7:04 pace.  Well, for an entire 5k at 7:04.1 pace, with a nice .25 miles at 8:00 pace, and running right into the 5k with no break.thats pretty darned good.  I think I could push it to sub-7.  I would need to start the watch from scratch, though, so I can kind of watch it.  The watch was saying the average pace was closer to 7:10, due to that 1st quarter.

4 Times around May of 08 I did a sub-7 5k around SEAKR, best of which was 6:49 on May 14th, 2008.  So, that was around Racine, with hills.  So, I still have some work to do.  But I can get there in a month, I bet.  Id love to do that 5k run next time I visit Denver, see if I can pull it off.

Anyway, weather, about 63°, slight wind, slightly cloudy.  Nice day to run!  Everything felt good.  There were some people from a running group there doing 3/4 mile and other distance reps.  1 dude always passed me, and a few others did a  bit later.  It obviously depended on when they started compared to when I passed them.  4 people passed me once, when they took off right after I went by their starting line.  That kind of pulled me along at the start, but wasnt much help later.  Started breathing a little rough, started feeling it in my legs, but I could have pushed it harder.  If in a race I could definitely beat 6:49/mi.  Still pushing for that 10 miler in April.  I need to get some longer runs in, though. 

Go go go!

No comments: