Monday, August 24, 2009

Hello Monday



Was just thinking of 4 miles.  Then thought I should run on the mulch/bark, and figured that was nearly two miles to get there (it was exactly two miles actually), so I would go down the path until I saw the ocean, or until I hit 3.
2 miles out whichever came second.  Well, seeing the ocean came second.  Ended up doing .75 miles on the track when I got back, which I did to get a full 7 miles and to get my overall pace down under 8min/mi.  Well, it took me 7.25 miles to get it below 8min/mi, but I did do it.

I took off SLOW.  As I wanted to.  Legs/shins/body just overall sore.  Needed something smooth.  Figured Id work on just speeding up the entire time, slowly.  Which seeing the graph above, I did superbly.

Temp was much more reasonable.  A little breeze, and, at least, while on the mulch I was able to have some trees overhead. 

The run out is mostly downhill on that path, so it was an uphill run for the return, so increasing speed while also going up hill was a good thing.  And going at such a fast clip on the track was a nice way to pretend I was kicking it in for a race.  Although I hope I go a bit faster in a race and have a bit less energy to kick it in for such a long time!  ;-)

Go go go

No comments: