Thursday, August 06, 2009

5K Thursday



Now that was cool. Attaching the image as a jpg made it pop in the post instead of having to put it in later. Not that I'd always add that pace chart. Fun fun.

Anyway, that title almost makes it sound like a do a 5k every Thursday. Haha...well, by golly, maybe I should!  Doubt it. Anyway. Low-mid 70's. Very light wind. Sunny. Nice & boring, but nice.

Legs feeling the "burn" of running on the roads all the time. I need trails/grass/track. I hate to say it, but I think I need to run on the track the next few times. It's not the shoes.  They still feel good and don't have nearly enough miles on them to be a worry. I just need a softer running surface.

I'm proud of myself.  I did another negative split.  Also, I really pushed to have a consistent pace, all quarters under 8min/mi and finish strong, yet smooth.  Well, I only "messed-up" that last part.  I would have liked to maintain control and kept the pace slower.  WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA????? Slower?  Yes, just for the consistency of it. Before that last quarter at 6:51 pace, the fastest/slowest was 7:11/7:45 per quarter. That is good.  Especially considering that 7:45 was on the biggest/steepest hill of the run.  Another long one was right at 2 miles, but it wasn't as steep, so I pushed to maintain and I actually hit that one at 7:34.

My pace is still getting faster for each distance…I need to have an easy day.

Maybe I'll get out for a "slow" 10k on Sunday. :-D

No comments: