Friday, August 14, 2009

Pace Work

So, I used my watch for one of its more intended purposes.  I set up a quick workout (their term).  I set up a 7:50 pace 4 miler.  Then I turned the watches screen to virtual partner, which shows the distance ahead/behind the pace.  I watched the distance more than I thought I would, but that is OK.  It helped me feel what a 7:50 pace would be like.  I finished at 7:46 pace, only 16 seconds ahead of schedule.  Not too shabby.  I went a bit too fast on one quarter (7:27 a bit downhill and I didnt rein myself in).  Was nice overall.

THEN, I walked a bit to the track and did ANOTHER workout.  This one was set to 6:55 for a mile.  I finished at 6:48, so that was pretty good, too.

So, today was a recovery daysort of.  That mile started pushing me at the half, but not too bad.  Felt good.  Recovered right away.  That 4 miler felt really easy.  So, sub-8 with no strainthats awesome!

Weather: typical 68° and sunny.  Minor wind.

I have to really start thinking about some goals and plan in some races.  I have 8 months til my 10 miler.  Right now Im thinking 7min/mi is my min goal.  6:30 would be nice, and a stretch goal is 6:00.  It would be so cool to go sub 60 minutes!

Anyway, I have a lot of work to do to get there.  I hope I can get more miles in and enjoy the ride.

Go go go!!!!!!!

No comments: