Monday, August 31, 2009

From the New Office

Well, I moved everything Friday.  Unpacked and cleaned up this morning.  Then checking emails and doing a few things, I headed out for my first run from the new bldg.  Just taking it easy, after 3 days off.  Felt pretty rough at first, like I didnt want to be out there.  Check the chart.  Funky 1st 1.5 miles, but after that I slowly picked it up, continuously (well, just about every quarter).

I was thinking about the upcoming race a little, and thinking about how I want to go out and pace the race.  This profile looks about right from .75 miles on.  I want to start fast (I wont be able to help myself too much.  Then Ill try and slow down nad be fairly even for the .75 or 1.0 miles until 1.75 or 2.0.  Then start picking it up every quarter after that.  Last ½ mile really be moving and do a kick in sprint as best I can for that last 0.107 miles (what, about 188 yards).

Oh, and, by the by, from the office here, it is 1.20 miles to the mulch path.  So, it takes off 0.80 miles compared to running from my old bldg.  In a way thats a good thing.  I can head to the path and run on something softer and less heat reflecting.  I just dont want to get bored.  But, I should be able to get to the beach and really hit those hills for training!  Next time Ill head out to the neighborhood, though, and see what that is like coming from the other side.

Time to start figuring out a taper program for the race.

Go go go

No comments: